Technology & Combat Characteristics
The main offensive capability of this Kataphrakt is its slicing power by using the ultra high-tension mono-filament wires spooled around superconducting electromagnetic bobbin on each hand. The bobbins are powerful enough to cut through asteroids and UEF's Kataphrakts in one hit.
The Octantis is not invulnerable to bullets, unlike most of the other Martian Kataphrakts, as shown during the final space battle where one of its hands was disabled by damage sustained from UEF's forces. However, the wires on its hands can be utilised defensively by spinning them rapidly in a circular motion to act as shields to defect bullet rounds from UEF's Kataphrakt forces.
- 2 × Electromagnetic Bobbins
Notes & Trivia
- Electromagnetic Yo-Yos as a weapon were first used in the 70s Super Robot anime Combattler V.
- Octantis strongly resembles the MegaZord Beta robots from Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters.
- Although having participated in space combat during the defense of the Vers' Moon Base, it remained as one of the last Vers Kataphrakts that was not destroyed by the end of Aldnoah.Zero Season 2.
- The Electromagnetic Bobbins are similar to the Spindle Knuckles of the RM-047 Valvrave IV Hinowa from Valvrave the Liberator.