Damn right bro- Every pilot other than the main cast acts like a complete retard. No wonder the martians could conquer half the planet with barely any casualties.
Part of it like them panicing at their first encounters is understandable since the higher-ups kept the "aldnoah magic" a secret in order to prevent the martians from catching on to their newest vanity project .
Because if they admitted the abilities of Aldnoah, ppl would ask where that knowledge came from since only the 2 vanguards on Tanegashima came down before shit hit the fan. And if it was possible for Marito to survive the blast (hell, he wasn't even inside the tank since it burned out), it wouldn't take long for the martians to figure that Orlane also may have survived. And then Saazbaum would come rushing down right away and the whole secrecy would go to waste.
But later on...
It was 19 months later dammit. Guess the pilots of "Harbinger platoon" (dang it, why does the platoon with my nickname have to be full of amateurs). If they KNEW that it had the capability to stop molecules directly, why dafuq do they run into the field? There are 2 kinds of de-icers:
1) Those that spray an anti-freeze chemical which lowers the melting point of water a lot, causing the ice to melt. It was used on planes to remove ice from the wings.
2) Those that heat up the surface a bit every once in a while. Modern refrigerators have that as well. By heating up the surface every once in a while, the lowest layer of the ice melts and the ice slides off. This is now the method of choice in airplanes since it doesn't require taking tanks full of anti-freeze chemical with you every time.
And the retards can SEE that it freezes everything in a 1000m radius. Hello, this goes quite beyond being a walking refrigerator. I can understand they couldn't figure the "meissner effect" thing out (had to look it up on wikipedia myself), but come on, if you KNOW it stops the molecules directly you may wanna stay out of the field.
Inaho's solution was to create pockets of hot air with his grenades, fly through them and counteract the "frostball" of the Elysium by using them to heat up the hull of his kataphract. But I wouldn't want to pilot the Elysium even if Inaho isn't around. That thing's function prevents you from getting ANY help at all (since you would freeze allies as well) and it has no combat ability whatsoever should the "frostball" fail to work. You can't even mount an machine gun on it since the meissner effect would mess up your aim.
You can mount a cannon on the Elysium but you just have to hope the enemy doesn't have a magnetic field as well. (I think the bullets could only go 50m before they became superconductive). I don't think meisnner effect affects the projectory of superconductors that travel away from the source of the magnetic field. I know superconductors heading right into the source of the magnetic field will be repel.
Lol forgot about that haha.
Still, the Elysium (and the Deucalion too) are proof of how much the martians rely on the "Light of Aldnoah". Frozen Elysium without frostball is not much more than a walking magnet and the Deucalion can't even move at all without its gravity control (its legs aren't really suited for walking after all).
The "best" solutions to that retarded reliance on Aldnoah are the Tharsis and the Diouscuria. They are the only martian kataphracts made with versatility in mind. All the others rely on their specific ability so much that they are useless without it.
Here is a list of the kataphracts and what they would be like without their shiny special ability
1) Nilokeras: Walking target, snipe it and if falls down.
2) Argyre: A bit more mobile, but still helpless against ranged fire
3) Hellas: Helpless once all fists are shot down (which is easy without the monomolecular structure)
4) Laser Kataphract: Can run a bit fast
5) Lightning Kataphract: Lol keep calm and use artillery/missile strike
6) Tentacle Kataphract: 404 Arms not found, just let it fall over and capture the pilot
7) Deucalion: Can it even walk with legs like these?
8) Tharsis: Slap normal thrusters on it and it is still a scary, fast and well- armed kataphract
9) Diouscuria: Remove the outer parts, and you got a Tharsis with missiles and stealth
10) Elysium: Lol slow walking magnet. Just shoot it when you spot it, it can't do anything about you shooting at it anyways.
Impressive aside... Martians deserve a Darwin Award for some of their Kats due to how sheer stupid they are that their strength... is actually a weakness... my current number 1 is Elysium, A.K.A. Frozen Coffin. Freezing is cool (puns aside) but the problem is you can't use your own weapons either (Freeze + Shatter is always a good combo), it's bust once a group of Earthlings decides to come at you with HE grenades (for twice the pain: Napalm) or better yet, a Flamethrower armed Kat will brute force its way towards you.
Heck anything that generates heat is bad. A UEF Kat with a broken coolant is the unluckiest enemy you can get. (And the most satisfying kill for the Earthling pilot, of having a crippled Kat kill that shiny Martian Kat)
Nikoleras is 2nd. As Inaho puts it in an equation: "P=(B+M+D)^I where Perfect shield is equal to Blind plus Mute plus Deaf, raised to IDIOT" Blow up it's drones and watch it attack imaginary flies. Then hit it's unshielded part and it'll go down.
3rd: Discouria.... sure Saucebum, (sarcasm) it's really a good idea to combine the weakness of all 3 mecha in a single one and add another weakness that's it's horribly slow... and a show off when transforming, giving us a lot of time to hit it. You made a mech 3x as powerful, but x^4 the weakness. where x is equal to your EGO.
The only Kat that can't be given this award is Tharsis. No wonder why Saucebum feels that Crutheo is unworthy of it.
Well, Dioscuria is even worse than Nilokeras since it has its antenna pointing FORWARD, while the antenna of the Nilokeras is at least at the back so it won't get hit my a random lucky shot from an enemy in front of it.
However, if it seperates from its shiny stuff and uses the 2 seperate mecha instead, it gets almost as strong as Tharsis. Put Inaho in it and it easily surpasses the Tharsis. He can somewhat reproduce that "trajectory prediction" of the Tharsis with his cybernetic eye plus he has stealth abilities and 2 powerful kats under his direct control while he has the same mobility as the Tharsis XD
Ohh, but can you imagine having to kiss the Emperor of Mars on the mouth, BLEECCK!
My thoughts exactly.
Well, I can kinda understand why Gilzeria (Asseylum's dad) had kids with more than one woman though. I mean come on, he has to kiss whoever he wants to give the activation rights. It would be weird if he had NOT an affair with at least one of the female knights that served under him.
Just look at the guy- he's quite young and is probably THE guy standing on top of each "man-every-woman-wants-to-date-ranking" on mars. He's good looking, his position in society is as high as it can get, has all the money he could ever possibly need and is very confident in himself.
I am pretty sure that's how he made Princess Lemrina- a steaming hot affair with one of the knights he recently knighted and when the positive pregnancy test came in, his wife found out and all hell broke loose. I mean that's the emperor we are talking about, he is supposed to be the role model of all Vers citizens. His affair was quickly covered up and his illegitimate daughter hidden away. No wonder she came to hate her sister Asseylum who was granted everything that was denied from her. And now her great love Slaine only has eyes for that hated sister of hers.
Slaine should keep a good eye on her, because the longer he keeps that up, the greater the danger of Lemrina snapping and pulling the plug on Asseylum's life support machines.
to tell the truth i dint even try to predict it , i was hopping that thety will make a season2 which they did....
Then there's the matter of Inaho-Asseylum-Slaine holy fck Inaho and Slaine have the same love interest = tension
Well, Slaine's master plan seems to start taking shape too
From the looks of it it would go like this:
1) Conquer Earth and have as much influence as possible when it is done
2) Declare independence from Vers (he hinted at that part in the conversation he had with the 3 knights before the duel)
3) Rayvers kicks the bucket (he is quite sick already, it is only a question of time)
4) Since "Asseylum" is on Slaine's side and nobody of royal blood is left on Vers, the Vers empire has little choice but to submit to Slaine and his followers since their time is literally running out (aldnoah drives shut down when the person who activated them dies)
5) He does quite some work on the society on Mars to improve it so that everyone can have something of the resources obtained from earth.
6) The real Asseylum awakens and he shows her the fruit of his labor.
Asseylum woke up before he manages to conquer Earth and I doubt she's gonna like the fact that her sister replaced her and uses her identity to fuel the war against earth.
My guess would be that she's gonna make a run for it while Lemrina kicks off a huge manhunt for her sister, claiming she is an impostor who infiltrated the moon base. Then Asseylum steals a ride and gets picked up by Mazuurek (Inaho even asked him to help her if it came down to it so I doubt he won't make an appearance as the one who shelters her)
What do you think?